Now for next-level defense. The best players are laser focused on their opponents behavior. I Love Mahj created an in-depth Advanced Mahjong: Reading Opponent's Hands and Joker Strategy. The article showcases the following topics:
- Clues derived from the Charleston
- One exposure gives you an idea, two exposures should give you confirmation of your opponent's hand
- Quint exposures and wind exposures are telling
- Body language and the poker face. What is your tell?
- Discarding a joker to throw people off your scent
- Splitting jokers between exposures